Thursday, June 15, 2023

The reckoning of a belief system:

Belief or disbelief?

Since the beginning of humanity, the entire world was taught what to believe and how to believe.  I did not see any logic in those primitive teachings so I chose to search for alternative answers to life.  Seemingly, everyone else on earth embraced a religious belief through cultural traditions.  I felt the opposite and I was very insecure about making a commitment to any religion.  Whenever I would try to explain my position on religion, I would receive condemnation so I eventually refrained from voicing my beliefs.  To avoid confrontation, I became an appeaser and for awhile I kept my beliefs to myself.

Because I am a proud man, I eventually got tired of deceiving people by pretending I was one of them, so I started defending my position on religion which is a tough challenge because it attracts hate. Nevertheless, I still stay true to my beliefs.  Am I wrong in my beliefs just because I am not of the majority? Is the majority right in their beliefs just because they were taught what to believe and are the majority?  I don’t think so!

-Alex Sungail ~ Welcome to the unknown